When do I need to change the posted date of the transaction?
Imagine the situation, you get paid on the last day of the month but use that money you for the following month (for example, your pay on January 31 will be used in February), clearly, you would like it to be considered as “February” income, right?
Sometimes there are transactions that clear in the wrong month and throw the data off. For example, you have a bill due 2 days before the end of the month but it does not clear until 2 days after the beginning of the new month. Frustrating, huh?
How to change the posted date of the transaction?
Well, now we have a solution for you! You can easily change the posted date of the transaction and make your calculations accurate again.
To change the date of the transaction, please do the following:
- Go to the Transactions tab;
- Tap the transaction you’d like to change;
- Hit the date of the transaction;
- Select a new date for the transaction.
In case you changed your mind, tap "Revert to original date" and it will get you back to what you had. Please, note that it can`t be changed to the date earlier than the 1st of January, 2014.
How changing the posted date will affect my calculations?
1. In My Pocket, Recurring income, Bills, and other in-app calculations:
- The most important thing, your In My Pocket will be recalculated if you decide to change the posted date, so don’t hesitate to check its calculation by hitting See your budget on the Overview tab;
- If you change the date of your received paycheck or the paid bill, the recurring payments may be marked as “Coming up” or “Past due”. Find out more: Recurring income and Bills. The same changes will likely be reflected in the Net Income screen;
- Changing posted dates may also affect your “Total spent” amount and total spent in categories. Find out more: Insights;
- The app may also rebuild the Net worth and Net income graphs;
- Changing the posted date will neither revert your transactions to count if you'd toggled “Don`t count” before, nor change its category, merchant, hashtags;
2. Transfers (From / To transactions):
If you have ever transferred money from one account to another, you probably know how transfers work in our app (in case you don`t, tap here). What I am trying to say is that if you change the posted date of one transaction, that is matched as transfer, the posted date of the other transaction will be changed automatically as well (they are kind of mirrored).
3. Export transactions:
Our Premium users get access to such a feature as Export transactions, if you decide to do so, please note that in the downloaded file the transaction will have the original date.
However, it will neither revert your transaction to count if you'd toggled “Don`t count” before, nor change its category, merchant, hashtags.
Scan to install