Add and customize your own categories or enable additional pre-defined ones. Get even more detailed budgeting and even more insight into your spending habits. You can see the additional categories in your spending pie-chart and set spending limits for them.
How the whole thing with the additional pockets works?
For example, let's take a look at "Auto & Transport" expenses. Those who can't imagine their life without a car will definitely like the option to take a more detailed look at their car spending such as "Gas & Fuel", "Parking" or "Service & Parts" because such expenses usually make a huge part of their budget.
Spending a fortune on your hobbies or pets? Eating out at your favorite restaurant every day and don’t miss any movie official release? Making regular donations or savings?
You can now track everything you wish! Just choose an icon, name your category using up to 30 characters and you are good to go. Yes, emojis are also available 😉
How to create my own categories?
It's as simple as this:
- Go to your “Change category” screen (tap your transaction and tap the pocket);
- Tap “Create your own category”;
- Choose the icon and fill in the name field
How to delete and manage my custom categories?
You can delete or edit your custom categories swiping left and choosing the corresponding button. If you change the icon or the name, all the transactions will be updated automatically.
What happens when I delete my custom category?
- All the transactions will revert to their original categories.
- Spending limits will be deleted.
- The categorization rules you have applied before will no longer work.
- Cash transactions become “Uncategorized”.
Frequently asked questions:
- I used your additional pockets feature and enabled more pockets. The feature is disabled now, so do I have to edit my transactions again?
We have created custom categories with the same names/icons instead and simply migrate your transactions. You won’t notice the difference.
- I have created custom categories and canceled Plus subscription. Will you delete my categories?
No, they will be displayed in the list but you won’t be able to apply any of them to the recently pulled transactions. New transactions appear in the app with original categories.
- Can I use the same icon or name twice?
No, unfortunately, you will have to choose another icon or name.
- Should I add a custom category or use a #hashtag instead? What's the difference?
Use custom categories to track thing you buy regularly. Use #hashtags to track spending for holidays, events or trips.
- I have a recurring bill with a custom category. What happens if I decide to edit/delete the pocket?
The category will be updated and transactions will be marked as a recurring bill with no changes.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or issues. We would be happy to assist!