What is "In My Pocket"?
Simply put, "In My Pocket" shows how much money is left for everyday spending after all your bills and subscriptions are paid.
How does "In My Pocket" work?
You should remember that connecting all your checking and credit accounts is essential for In My Pocket calculation. PocketGuard will try to identify your Recurring Income and Bills. Moreover, this will help to calculate your total spent amount. We also include your Goal contributions in the calculations.
- Income - your earned and upcoming income (Recurring Income). Earned income is calculated as a sum of all transactions with "Income" category.
- Cash Rollover - the cash balance remaining from the previous month (this feature is optional and you can enable it in the settings).
- Bills - your paid and future bills (Bills).
- Spent - the money you've already spent, paid bills are not included (Net Income > Spent).
- Goals - the sum of all monthly contributions for your Goals (Goal).
You can also tap "i" to see the breakdown of your "In My Pocket".
Do transfers count towards "In My Pocket"?